Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Fem Riddler: Planning

We have green, purple, and black to play with. Staples of the costume across most appearances of Riddler are a well-cut and fitted suit, glasses/mask, hat, and cane. I’ve seen a couple fem Riddlers online, but they all take the fishnets & booty shorts approach, making them look like peacock-colored Black Canarys & Zatannas. Since these are characters I want to do later, I’d like to save that look for both of them.
That "Damaged" tattoo is applicable all over the place. 

Riddler gets a bad rap from years of mistreatment (*cough* Jim Carrey *cough*) but, no more than Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy in the same movie. Luckily, Gotham is totally revitalizing him, and his roles in Batman:Hush, and Gotham City Sirens is just as good.  

This is my first costume I’m planning out with real thought and design, so I want it to be good. Worthy of the best I’ve seen.  The bar I’m shooting for here is DarkIncognito/Hydra Evil’s Fem Joker. That shit is unbelievably good. Details like a random strand of orange in the green wig make it pop… The classy factor also makes her seem more like a grown up (hahaha grown ups in costume) than a child wearing face paint.

After that, there’s just the debate on whether I should copy an existent, current, popular form of Riddler. Like my Harley, I lean always towards the new. I’m terrible at sticking exactly to a pre-done costume. This is for several reasons. 1) avid thrift shopper, 2) I can’t sew (yet), 3) I get bored quickly.

Skirt vs. Pants.
Don't blow that Black Canary Cherry!
My figure likes skirts more, and going the way of Missy in Dr. Who is an option – sociopathic women in skirt suits is pretty awesome looking -- nah, I’m just adding Missy to my “Future Costumes” list!

Pants are just more Riddler, I think. Skirts imply a fashion-ability that Riddler never possesses. Unfortunately, I am not able to make them look hot if they have pleats. There was one magic pair I wore as a bartender that worked to turn my piggy gams into curvaceous beauties…I’ll look for those. If nothing else, I’ll just wear some yoga pants!

Waist coat vs. Corset
The more I think of this, the more I’m leaning to waistcoat because of the Anti-Zatanna and Pro-Hydra Evil arguments. Then satin button down shirt and tie. Question mark tie pin.

Shoes…
I’ve been looking for an excuse to buy another pair of school-mistress brogues…this may be that moment.

No-one thought this much awesome was possible!
What about spats? I’ve made them before, and they’re really adaptable to all steampunk costumes, so that seems worthwhile.

Accessories
Riddler has some outfit pragmatism. He wouldn’t wear fingerless gloves, because of fingerprints. He doesn’t need a cane to walk, so it must be his weapon.
Con weapons restrictions, though, mean the $10 plain one will do just fine. In my head though, it’s more like a police stick that’s retractable and totally capable of turning a wimp like Riddler into a crazy badass. Like the gun of stationery weapons. He could do with a gun too. I have a spare Nerf I just spray painted, that’ll do. I can wrap some purple leather around the handle and get a question mark sticker of the side.




Character
I’m going to have trouble improving riddles in conversation….Never been much for the -- I’m either too gullible or too earnest! I’ll try, anyway!


I’ll update when there’s something to see!

Lookit this guy! He's crying out to be a Siren!



No comments:

Post a Comment