Monday, September 12, 2016

Blue Fairy: Lessons Learned

Lesson 4: Get picture of your beautiful wings!
  1. Body painting ain’t as hard as I thought!

    Use Cream Paints! I will never buy water based face paints again!!
    Applies to skin better

    Blends with other colors and mediums (like eyeliners and lipsticks you may use to augment your face paints)

    Doesn’t dry out in its container, like traditional water-based face paints, which may otherwise result in panic and despair at 7am on a Sunday morning…

    Stays on skin longer and looks better generally

    Get someone to help you paint those hard to reach places like your back. Thank Yous to my handsome husband Billy will never cease, and this help is one of the reasons.

    All sorts of makeup products can interplay with face paint! I had a host of eye liners and shadows, some lip liners and sticks, and if there’s a part of your face or body that should be left your natural skin tone, use concealer to blend in.

    Keep better track of tanning…I didn’t think I had tanned over the summer at all until I was standing in front of my mirror trying to make myself blue! I’m now applying my SPF moisturizer all over those exposed bits of body we often forget about – clavicle, back of neck, forearms, and shoulder tops. This is probably a best practice anyway – ward off the cancer.
  2. Fairies are an almost universal creature!

    Everyone I talked to, had a different theory on who and what the costume was! Because I didn’t have any preconceived notions about specifically mermaid or nymph or fairy, I was able to make everyone’s guesses correct! It was great to see all the parents be affirmed for the “correct” guesses in front of their awestruck children. Super uplifting and life-is-good affirming.
  3. Wing assembly should take the actual act of dressing into account.

    No one can drive and wear giant, inflexible wings at the same time, so neither can I, so super handsome Billy had to help me into my wing & bra harness in a handicapped porta-potty at the Ren Faire. Those things are graciously spacious.

    Front clasp bras are hard to find nowadays.

    Pushup bras are overkill when you’re wearing not much more than paint, cellophane, and flowers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment