Sunday, September 25, 2016

Galaxy Fairy: Lessons Learned


Don’t wear glass accessories

  • Being a fairy, one photographer very reasonably asked me to jump in the air to catch the fae in motion! When I did, the lovely air plant in Spanish moss that had been living in a tear drop terrarium leapt right off my hip and shattered all through the leaves. (worry not, we scavenged all the shards out!)
  • The shock of feeling such a thing happening threw off my facial expression too, so I look less “happy in the air” and more “Eek! Shark!” Not worthwhile, my friends. 


Don’t try for two events in one day 

  • Getting up really early to load on all your body paint on a weekend is not relaxing – it’s super exciting and fun! If you have full weekday schedules like you do, you probably enjoy weekends as a time to catch up on sleep…
  • One event, lasting an action-packed 5 hours, has that make-uping 3 hour start, plus driving and hour or so each way, so you end up having a physical and emotional 10 hour day at least!
  • The second event would not need the up-making, but would require another round of commuting, and cost another $50 for tasty treats, and by then, I could’ve kept up the fiery fairy spunk, but it would not have been my best face. I’m sorry we didn’t make it to Art All Night with the troopes of circus folk, but we did feel better for passing out with chamomile tea and some Rick & Morty cartoons. 


Avoid lip stick and mouth painting if possible
  • I did this right and will try to do it right again next time! Slurping up oysters and swilling down beestings is sloppy work for a lip-sticked moue, and I’m happy to not have fallen into the touch up trap. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment